“Found” was the #1 selling Canadian country song in Canada for several weeks in July and August 2016. It had also #16 on the charts and was the 8th highest charting Canadian song in the country. The hit single also went top 50 on the Shazam charts across all formats and hit #15 on the iTunes sales charts. On just his second release ever in country music – it looks like he is headed for a gold record.
The future is bright for Davidson. In only 2 years of being involved in the country music scene, his name can be seen on the charts next to some of the top artists in North America – and he has found a way to do it 100% independently. Dan is new to the country scene, but is far from “green” in the music industry. He spent 10 years playing in the well-known Canadian indie rock band Tupelo Honey (who had several top 40 hits, top selling iTunes records and toured with bands like Bon Jovi). On the advice of a couple of long time friends (who happen to be top selling Canadian country artists), Dan decided to start focusing on his new country project.
Dan’s sound came together as he started writing and working on music with Toronto producer Jeff Dalziel (Washboard Union, Andrew Hyatt, Autumn Hill, Brett Kissel) and the two spent the better part of a year developing an EP that’s characteristic of Dan’s love of “good time” music.
Dan’s latest release Barn Burner (another co-write with Clayton Bellamy) was released in late 2016 and in its first few weeks it’s already broken the top 40 and pushed Dan over the edge to be recognized as the Canadian Country Spotlight Featured Artist of 2016/2017. The song was accompanied by an over-the-top music video shot in Tokyo, Japan. Recently, Dan just won 4 ACMA awards at his first time participating in the event. He took home “Song Of The Year”, “Single Of The Year”, “Video Of The Year”, and “Rising Star”.
You can catch Dan sharing the stage in 2017 with artists like John Pardi, Brett Kissel, The Washboard Union, Kira Isabella, Gord Bamford, Chad Brownlee, Tim Hicks and many more!
|Whitecourt, Alberta||PARTY IN THE PARK - Headline||06/16/17||Rotary Park||8:00pm|
|Big River , Saskatechewan||COUNTRY AT THE CREEK W/ The Washboard Union||06/24/17||Ness Creek Music Festival||7:30pm|
|Peace River, Alberta||PEACEFEST W/ Jojo Mason & Aaron Pritchett||07/07/17||12 Foot Davis Events Park||8:00pm|
|Fort McMurray, AB||WILD WEST COUNTRY FEST - W/ WBU & Road Hammers||07/08/17||Snye Point Park||8:00pm|
|Calgary, Alberta||CALGARY STAMPEDE - Headline||07/09/17||Ranchmans||8:00pm|
|Sevenpersons , AB||QUONSET DAYS W/ James Barker Band & Rivertown Saints||07/22/17||Quonset Days Grounds||8:00pm|
|Edmonton, AB||K-DAYS - W/ Corb Lund||07/23/17||K-Days South Stage||8:00pm|
|Mattawa, Ontario||VOYAGEUR DAYS W/ The Road Hammers||07/28/17||Mattawa Museum Grounds||8:00pm|
|Dawson Creek, BC||DAWSON CREEK STAMPEDE - Headline||08/11/17||Dawson Creek Stampede||8:00pm|
|Dawson Creek, BC||DAWSON CREEK STAMPEDE - Headline||08/12/17||Dawson Creek Stampede||8:00pm|
Jason Furman – Feldman Agency
Amy Eligh – Red Brick Songs
416-921-9214 ext. 231
Bill Miller – Sharp 9 Music
HOW TO ENTER:
To win this prize you must:
• First donate at least $20 to MusicCounts using this link:
• Then post an instagram video of yourself explaining why your nominee deserves to win Dan’s guitar. Use the hashtags: #IWantDansGuitar and #MusicCounts and tag @ItsDanDavidson and @MusicCounts in your tweet.
• You must also follow @ItsDanDavidson on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.
The grand prize is the signed guitar from the “Barn Burner” video shoot, in a guitar case used by Dan, as well as 2 t-shirts, a signed 8×10, and a personal congratulations video.
The secondary prize goes to the fan whose nomination is the more creative and fun. All the same stipulations apply. The second prize includes a signed t-shirt, a signed 8×10, and some guitar picks used by Dan.
Dan will select the winners.
1. Contest starts at 9:00 am on Wednesday March 8 2017 and ends at 5:00 pm on Friday June 9, 2017.
2. To enter and to be eligible to win, the entrant must be a legal resident of Canada eighteen (18) years of age or older.
3. Chances of winning depend on the number of entries received.
4. Each confirmed winner will be notified by direct message on Instagram.
5. Anyone found to use multiple accounts to enter this contest will be ineligible.
6. Multiple entries in a single day will not be accepted.
7. All entries must be in compliance with the general Instagram rules.
10. Do not send automated Tweets or replies in regards to this contest or your entry will not be accepted.
11. Do not use bots or applications to post similar messages based on keywords in regards to this contest or your entry will not be accepted.
12. Entrants who breach these conditions of entry may be disqualified, to be determined at our sole discretion and all decisions are final.
13. By entering the contest, each entrant consents to the collection, use and distribution of his/her personal information for the purposes of implementing, administering and fulfilling this contest. We will not sell or transmit this information to third parties except for the purposes of administering this contest.
14. By entering the contest, each entrant consents to the use of his/her name, city of residence, photograph, voice, likeness, image or any other aspect of his or her personality for any publicity purposes, commercial or otherwise, in all media used by us.
15. We will not be liable for: (i) any failure or technical malfunction or other problems related to twitter during the Contest; (ii) the failure of any entry to be received for any reason including, but not limited to, technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at twitter; (iii) any injury or damage to a contestant’s, or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in the Contest; and (iv) any combination of the above.
16. The prizes must be accepted as awarded and are not transferable.
17. This contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws.